expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, September 16, 2013

Run... and run as fast as you can!

This is part two.
To understand this post, you have to go back and read my post
 'Don't despise someone who asks you out'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T GET TRAPPED
Moreover, that’s exactly what happened! She left him alone and he did all this on his own. He became delivered from his problems, he found her and they got married.
But be careful, because at the time of your determination and consistent prayers the devil will try to send many wrong people your way to trap you as he tried doing to me. When I was determined to save myself for a man of God, its like the devil would try to stop me. The men he would send at this point weren’t like the others. These men were now more persistent. I would say NO and give them the same speech I gave the others but they didn’t care, they kept coming back and kept asking me the same questions as if they didn’t hear me say NO the first time. They kept asking if I would go out with them, if I wanted to see the game with them, if I wanted to meet their family and so on. This would just get me even more revolted because on their face you could see that the only thing they were interested in was sex, it was written all over their face, it wasn’t just one or two of these men but there were about seven and they were persistent.
It was unbelievable how these men were just throwing themselves at me. And it was back to back. But I knew it was a trap of the devil to try and distract me from my goal of having my man of God by my side.

I know that if I wasn’t in constant communion with God and constant wars every hour stomping on the devil’s head, I would have failed. I would have fallen into one of these traps of the devil and wouldn’t be able to pick myself back up. If I would have left an opening by slacking in my prayers and giving a foot hold to the devil for him to get into my life, by today I would be a wreck. It’s a good thing that I knew what I was getting myself into – WAR – but it wasn’t against flesh and blood but against satan himself
 “For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms” Ephesians 6:12 (NLT).
Once you get into war there is only one of two ways out, DEAD or ALIVE!

 DEAD by falling into one of the devil’s many schemes or ALIVE by being victorious and more persistent than the devil. I was determined to overcome and was not about to let the devil bring me down. When the devil realizes your determination, he will try his all to make you fall. The same thing happened to my sister Elise, so I know what I'm talking about. In school there was this boy, very handsome, light-skinned, dark blonde curly hair, blue eyes, that all the girls melted when they saw him, but guess what! He didn’t want none of the other girls he wanted my sister Elise. He wanted to have her, when he asked my sister out, he couldn’t believe his ears when my sister told him No!

Anyways....After constant prayers and persistence, after my sacrifice in the Campaign of Israel exactly four months later then my sister Elise, I Elsie found my partner, Assistant Pastor Leonardo. I was introduced to him by his father ( Bp. Francisco) and my dad (Pr. Nathaniel),who by the way was drawn into me by my smile (this is where the post I wrote about always looking your best at all times comes in very handy). Bp. Fransisco and my dad organized the whole thing to get us to meet. The next thing I knew I was in the arms of Leo, just like it happened to Rebekah and Isaac (Genesis 24). And to our surprise we actually met before, we met each other in South Africa many years ago, about fifteen years ago when we were still young. We used to play together along with all the other children (because our parents were always traveling to preach the Good news, so this is when our parents were sent to Africa to do the work of God, and we met there).
Look how great God works! 

4 comments:

  1. That's really true Mrs Elsie. Sometimes we just don't understand the ways of God, but they are definitely to our benefit. Ever since I've been reading your posts, I am engaging myself more and more in war against all evil in my love life. I have had disappointments in the church (and even before coming to the church), but that was because I was doing things my own way. I realise that the only way to overcome is to use spiritual weapons and most importantly live my life in the path of justice; obeying the Voice of God.

    I know that continuing in this way (reading your very helpful posts as well), I will gain my victory.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs Elsie for this blog. it is really a blessing and an eye opener for me. You have no idea how helpful this blog is. thank you so much. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really true stories. Thanks for your honesty.I love how you word it. Very understandable and helpful to those in need of doing things Gods way. Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true, the devil doesn't send guys who are going to be easy for you to turn down. He's not going to send some cheesy guy, he is gonna send someone that will try to deceive you and bring you far from God. That is why it is so important to look at the guys at school, church, or where ever with spiritual eyes.
    Thanks Ms. Elsie, these posts are helpful and I am glad you are doing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...